The name Ebola taken from a river called Ebola in Africa, The current outbreak of the virus in 2014 is the largest and the most fatal outbreak since the Ebola virus was discovered. “Stated By WHO”.
“click to enlarge the image”
FACTS ABOUT EBOLA VIRUS :
- The disease is fatal and known as “Ebola hemorrhagic fever” , 40-50% of cases suffer from bleeding.
- The disease outbreaks in Africa mainly and its fatality rate ranged from 25% up to 90%.
- There is no any vaccination for the Ebola virus however many companies work to produce a treatment procedure for the disease.
- Early diagnosis , supportive treatment and re-hyderation improve the survival rate.
- Incubation period is ranged from 2-21 days.
Where it came from “The reservoirs” :
Fruit bats and non-human primates are mainly the hosts of the Ebola virus , however scientists say that the Ebola virus was able to mutate and adapted with human bodies.
The Outbreak in Africa and Death reports as of 14/1/2015 :
- 3,538 Liberia
- 3,062 Sierra Leone
- 1,814 Guinea
- 8 Nigeria
How does Ebola virus attack your body cells : (4-steps)
Signs and Symptoms :
- Skin rash.
- Muscles and Joints pain.
- Vomiting with blood.
- Diarrhea with blood.
How to protect yourself from Ebola :
- Be careful from any bodily fluids of any person with Ebola or at Risk of Ebola as it easily transmitted through saliva, blood, sweat, ..etc
- Don’t travel to the places where Ebola virus outbreaks.
- Maintaining good hygiene.
- Wear protective clothing like masks and gloves.
WHO, Wikipedia & bbc.com/news/world-africa-26835233
24,223 total views, 1 views today